3D-Album Home 3D-Album Home
Forums for 3D-Album community

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    What's NewWhat's New    AnnouncementAnnouncement   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Rough / Torn Edges

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CRStiltz
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Product: 3D-Album Commercial Suite

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 1:45 pm    Post subject: Rough / Torn Edges Reply with quote

I am using commercial suite 3.27. I am trying to edit some photos so the edges of the photos look torn or have rough edges. I have been experimenting with the vignette feature, but not getting the desired effect. Is CS3.27 capable of creating the rough edges?
rsnow
Major General
Major General

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This may not be of any help to you but I have run into this problem in the past.

I do not use the built in editor because I have been using a different program to edit my photos for a long time and it is easier for me to switch to it rather than learning the controls in the built in editor.

My solution was to actually tear some craft paper and then scan the edges into my computer as jpg images. I then use these as templates for creating a masked layer to trim the edges of the photo. This may be more work than you want to do, but the results are much more realistic than any other methods I've tried.
nan
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In 3D-Album Editor, select all photos that you want to add the egde effect (Make sure you have made a copy as this process will change all the original photos to be edited)

In the left panel, click the "Main" to "Basic" toolset. Select "Photo decoration", then "Photo Frame", then "Photo mask".

Click the thumbnail of the photo mask image. In the dialog, select the edge shape you want.

Click "Apply" then "Finish" to save the file. Simply repeating "Apply" and "Finish" for the rest of the photos. During the step, you can choose a different edge shape if you want.
rsnow
Major General
Major General

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Nan, I wasn't aware of those. Like I said, I never delved too deeply into what the built in editor could do. I guess I was too lazy to check it out.
That's what happens when one gets into rut in the way one does things.
CRStiltz
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nan,
Thank you! That is exactly what I was looking for, and so easy. Now I have a different problem. When I load the pictures into another photo editing or slideshow software all the masked photos are pink. They don't have their original color. Any Ideas? Thanks
nan
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You perhaps saved your files to JPEGs with transparent background (alpha channel). Only 3D-Album supports JPEGs with alpha channel. Other software will take it as CYMK format and display the wrong color. If you want to work with other software, you'd better to saving to PNGs.
Bill Smith
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can easily use the COLLECT tab in 3D-Album to convert your images to a PNG file format. Just click on "Perform Task as specified" and then choose the file convert option.

HOW TO: www.northwestpages.com/3dalbum_tutorial/
YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/northwestpages
Facebook: www.facebook.com/NWpages
Post new topic   Reply to topic    3D-Album Forum Index -> Assistance All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: