3D-Album Home 3D-Album Home
Forums for 3D-Album community

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    What's NewWhat's New    AnnouncementAnnouncement   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

problems with jpeg formats

View previous topic :: View next topic  
photoop
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Product: 3D-Album Commercial Suite

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:20 pm    Post subject: problems with jpeg formats Reply with quote

i just installed the wedding comp1 from 3dtime and now all my jpegs are bitmap and can't get them back to jpeg format anybody have any suggestions?
nan
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand. How come all of your JPEG files becomes BMPs? WHat did you do and what did you see? Please describe it in detail.
photoop
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:33 pm    Post subject: what did i do Reply with quote

humm let's see i installed wedding comp1. how did i find out i was building a flash site for a client and every time i tried to import a jpg file into the library it would change into a bitmap so i tried to do it straight from a camera on jpg setting and again changed to bmp. so i opened photoshop cs2, fireworks 8pro, digital image suite pro, and proffessional photographer and they showed all jpegs having a bmp background. that is how i know. and the oly thing my 2 computers have been updated and installed is the wedding comp2 and this one is the only one conected to the internet so i know the other one doesn't or didn't receive a virous.
photoop
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:35 pm    Post subject: small mistake Reply with quote

that was the wedding comp1 not 2 sorry.
nan
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do you import the JPEG file into the library? Let's say, you have a digital camera, the file in your flash memory is DXXXXXX.JPG. How did you transfer this file into your computer? Specifically, what tool did you use? Where did you put them in your computer? What file name did you see in Windows File Exploerer after the file is transferred? Did they become DXXXXXX.BMP? Can you open the BMP in Photoshop? I don't think the Compose V01 template will touch your file system setting. It is just a template, no programe is included.
photoop
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:31 pm    Post subject: here goes Reply with quote

i don't think they have anything wrong with their software either after using their other styles. i am more wandering if anyone else is or had this problem. when talking to them thay said that their site has been under attack. any way the file ext. is jpg. however, there is a background now to all my photos with the bmp or bitmap background added to them. and when trying to upload to flash it is registering as a bmp rather than the jpg it was originaly saved or created as. and when transfering to a file i do a simple copy and paste from either the card reader or a usb connection to the camera. but like i said if opened in the high end software that i have there is a background of bmp in all photos including those from some time ago.
nan
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Photoop, you make me even more confucsed. When you say, "when talking to them thay said that their site has been under attack", whose web site is under attack?

Do you mean the host of website? When you try to upload your photos to your host machine (your website), all jpegs become BMP?

But you say the extension is still jpg. Do you mean the thumbnail image has an icon with "BMP" text? If so, the default program associated with JPEG (which is used to open the JPEG file) has been changed. This can only happen when you installed something in your computer or you have manually changed the association.

Or do you mean the content of your photo has actually been altered by adding a "BMP" image into your photo? If so, I doubt that your computer has been affacted by some unwelcome invader.
photoop
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:58 am    Post subject: reply Reply with quote

talking to them meaning 3dtime. and what i am saying is that the photos all have the proper file extensions of .jpg and .gif and so on but when l import them into a project ie... flah, 3d-album they are imported as bitmaps rather than their file extensions as they were saved. the only files that have yet to be infected or changed into having bitmap properties or my raw files they are clean. and when this began happening is when i installed the new wedding comp1 to my 3d-album cs. and i have not had this happen by anything else that i have gotten from 3dtime. no other programs have been uploaded in months. the newest in at least 6 months was the comp1. thanks, dave.
nan
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still do not understand what you mean by saying "import them into a project ie... flah, 3d-album". This is the key. How do you import them? Could you give me a detailed step-by-step description of what you have done?

Every website is under hacker's attack, unless you pull off the website from the Internet. I don't see how this is related to your problem.
james_times
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Product: 3D-Album PicturePro Plantinum

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have to clarify that the problem we have is our forum. This is what we've told to our customers when they have problem with our forum regsitration:

[quote]Our forum is recently abused by a couple of spammers posting inappropriate materials. We added a protection to our forum, however, this protection is too strong. Until we find a better solution, you may experience some problem in our forum registration. [/quote]

Our download product is well protected and is absolutely safe.
photoop
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:14 pm    Post subject: i'm sorry Reply with quote

Please I don??t want anyone to misunderstand me. I do not want anyone to think that 3dtime is in anyway responsible I was just wandering if anyone else had the problem. It could have been something I received from the internet. I didn??t mean to cause anyone to be upset by my problem. 3dtime has some of the best creations I??ve ever used and do not want anyone to stop using them. Thanks to everyone for their input.
To the moderator if you wish you can remove this entire posting with my blessing. Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    3D-Album Forum Index -> Assistance All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: