3D-Album Home 3D-Album Home
Forums for 3D-Album community

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    What's NewWhat's New    AnnouncementAnnouncement   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

My photos are degrading......

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alexz
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Product: Trial Version or None

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 3:56 am    Post subject: My photos are degrading...... Reply with quote

Hi,

My photos quality once imported in 3D album commercial are very bad.

What can I do to improve them?
rsnow
Major General
Major General

Product: 3D-Album Commercial Suite

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First, make sure you are using the correct settings. If you have a so-so graphics card, you should try using the medium settings. If you have a high-end graphics card, use the high quality settings.

Also, I've noticed from several posts that some folks are trying to use photos with high dpi. High resolutions are primarily needed for printing. Most experts agree that inkjet printers don't need more than 150 dpi. Anything above that just dumps excess ink on the pic. For viewing on monitors and TVs 72-96 dpi is usually sufficient.
Alexz
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, but they are fine when using anyother packages.
In 3D album they don't look clear at all. By the way I use Radeon all in wonder.
Fred Holmes
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There used to be some information in a FAQ document I have printed off under the subject "My photos are blotchy in 3D-Album. How do I fix this?"

For ATI's Radeon 7500-8500, make sure that the option "Enable Texture Compression" is disabled. To do this, click START, point to SETTINGS, and then click CONTROL PANEL. Double-click DISPLAY. On the SETTINGS tab, click ADVANCED, then the OPENGL tab. Toggle off the ENABLE TEXTURE COMPRESSION button.

For ATI's Radeon 9000/9700, make sure that the option TEXTURE QUALITY is set to the highest. Follow the above procedure. From the OPENGL tab, set the TEXTURE QUALITY slide to the rightmost.
Alexz
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My card is All in wonder Radeon 7200. I also have the latest driver installed.
I have tried different photo size and resolution.
The colors are blotchy .

I have no problem of using this card with anyother graphic packages.

From what I see in this forum, it seems that this software is not upto what is claiming for, perhaps some one can prove me wrong.
Thanks for all replies.
rsnow
Major General
Major General

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand what you are saying. I felt the same way when I first started using the program. However, after a while I found that the settings do make a difference. Which version of Radeon are you using? Have you checked to see if an updated driver is available for it? I'm sure there is some small technical reason for what's happening. Otherwise there would be many more users having the same problem. From what others have said, Radeon and nvidia cards seem to work well with 3D album. But my own experience was that even with a fairly powerful nvidia card, I had to get the latest drivers from the nvidia web site before everything started working smoothly.

As to picture clarity, with few exceptions I get nearly as good clarity after rendering as the original photo. Anytime you apply compression to a photo, especially jpg, there will be some degradation no matter what program you use. If you are using jpg and you have the means, you might want to try converting your pics to png or bmp. Although, since updating my drivers, I have been getting good results even with jpg.

Another possible problem could be that your photos are being stretched to fit the layout of the style. You don't say what size and resolution your photos are so I can't be sure if they may be too small or too big. But I can say that there are many folks getting good results with 3D Album. So, don't give up on the program yet. Keep giving us details and we will try to help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    3D-Album Forum Index -> Assistance All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: