3D-Album Home 3D-Album Home
Forums for 3D-Album community

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    What's NewWhat's New    AnnouncementAnnouncement   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

exhibit island #3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
open skies
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Product: 3D-Album PicturePro Standard

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:34 pm    Post subject: exhibit island #3 Reply with quote

For some reason exhibit island is not showing all details....for example the top of the picture is cutoff, and the bottoms third of the pictures are missing.

I have reviewed monitor setting and check the video drivers...all is well at this end.

Does anyone have a suggestion how I can fix this?

It's almost as if the picture is stretched thus causing a loss at both top and bottom,

Help appreciated.

Bill
Bill Smith
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Product: 3D-Album Commercial Suite

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspect that you're using "portrait" oriented photos rather then "landscape" oriented photos.

The style seems to work best with landscape photos (ones that are wider then then they are tall, much like a computer monitor).

HOW TO: www.northwestpages.com/3dalbum_tutorial/
YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/northwestpages
Facebook: www.facebook.com/NWpages
open skies
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your suggestion Bill. In fact I am using landcape mode.

My difficulty is not the pctures themselves, but the exhibit template itself.

The top portion( middle), Where I typed in a message is barely visible and disappears when I switch to full screen. It is almost as though one has zoomed in on an image, with the result other areas are gone.

In this case the Exhibit itself.

Again my thanks for trying to help..

BTW do you know the maximum number of photos we can use in v.3.29?

Thanks

Bill
Bill Smith
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Product: 3D-Album Commercial Suite

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry. I thought you were originally talking about your pictures, and the top/bottom loss is exactly what happens when you use portrait oriented images.

If you're talking about the display (exhibit) itself, then maybe the problem lies with the screen aspect ratio you are using to view them with. Right below the preview window, on the left side there is a drop down menu used to control the screen aspect ratio for the preview window (this does not affect the CAPTURE step, only the CREATE view step). Try the default value and the 4:3 value. Does that make any difference?

The screen aspect ratio doesn't have any affect on the style, but it does show you what the style will look like if viewed on a monitor with that ratio. So, if a 16:9 preview has the affect you're describing, then the final style will look like that when displayed on a 16:9 monitor. We're talking here about a stand alone album being displayed, not a video file created by the CAPTURE step. Capture allows you to set the display ratio for the video file. If I've got this wrong, then hopefully Nan or someone will jump in to correct me.

I don't know what the limit is or even if there is an upper limit on the number of photos. Someone else may know for sure.

HOW TO: www.northwestpages.com/3dalbum_tutorial/
YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/northwestpages
Facebook: www.facebook.com/NWpages
open skies
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks very much Bill...I will have a look...The only reason I asked about the picture limit is because when I get to 35 i can't load anymore.

I just thought that seemed a bit low. I have made a few presentations before but nothing that required what appears to be the maximum.

BTW mods in here are great...Sure appreciate all the help I've received over the past nine months or so.

Regards,

Bill
open skies
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill I was using 4.3...I went to default and if there was a difference I couldn't detect any....I will continue playing around with it.
thanks again
Post new topic   Reply to topic    3D-Album Forum Index -> Style Questions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: