3D-Album Home 3D-Album Home
Forums for 3D-Album community

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    What's NewWhat's New    AnnouncementAnnouncement   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Need Suggestion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
FRANK COMPOCCIO
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Product: 3D-Album Commercial Suite

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:41 pm    Post subject: Need Suggestion Reply with quote

Does anyone happen to know which style would best used that I can modify into a photo show School Yearbook?

I definetly want a book like the graduation style but I want the artwork to be the actual yearbook cover which I will add to the style if the style will allow me.

Before I start buying different styles before I find the one that would work, I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions or experience.

Thanks In advance.
Frank
FranDiVideo
Bill Smith
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Album family contains several flipping styles that are books that open up and pages turn, much like a year book. They allow you to choose different covers, insides, backs, spines, etc. You can create your own cover based on your old schoolbook and then use FILE to choose your cover rather then one of the template ones. They are 768x1024 (more taller then wide) jpeg images. You can see them at your
"Samples\BookThemes\Portrait\CoverFront\SpecialOcasions" folder (in your 3D-Album program folder).

The 3DTime graduation style allows you to change the cover by using the BACKGROUND tab and then clicking on the cover. It uses a landscape orientation image. You could scan your original yearbook, and then rotate the image if necessary to get it to be landscape orientation (1024x768).

HOW TO: www.northwestpages.com/3dalbum_tutorial/
YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/northwestpages
Facebook: www.facebook.com/NWpages
FRANK COMPOCCIO
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:51 am    Post subject: Style Suggestion Reply with quote

Thanks Bill your help is greatly appreciated. my next problem is how do I get more then one pic on a page just like a school yearbook?

Thanks
Frank
FRANK COMPOCCIO
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:26 am    Post subject: Graduate Style Reply with quote

I just purchased the graduation style and I have a question. The Demo shows pictues flying out prior to the book opening and the book opens slowly. I can't seem to make either happen. Can you give me some guidance?

Regards,
Frank Compoccio

FranDiVideo Productions
FRANK COMPOCCIO
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:30 am    Post subject: Style Suggestion Reply with quote

Hi Bill
You mentioned changing the book position. Can i make the Graduate book to portrat?

Thanks
Frank
Bill Smith
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. MORE THEN 1 PICTURE PER "PAGE".
I don't see a way to do that within the style. You can use a photo editor to create images wiyh multiple images on them. 3D-ALBUM's LAYOUT does this as well, but you'll have to experiment.

2. HOW DELAY BOOK OPENING.
Click the BACKGROUND tab and use the START TIME field.

3. CHANGING BOOK ORIENTATION.
The style doesn't do that (it rotates the book before opening it). You would need to use either a photo editor or 3D-ALBUM's EDIT feature.

While you're in the style, click the HELP button (below the preview window, and on the right side). It will tell you about the various control options available to you in the style.

FRANK COMPOCCIO
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:31 am    Post subject: dosen't work like demo???? Reply with quote

Posted: 15 Oct 2007 14:26 Post subject: Graduate Style

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just purchased the graduation style and I have a question. The Demo shows pictues flying out prior to the book opening and the book opens slowly. I can't seem to make either happen. Can you give me some guidance?

Regards,
Frank Compoccio

FranDiVideo Productions
Bill Smith
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Click on BACKGROUND, then click on "PICK AN IMAGE under Start Images", then add the photos that you want displayed.

FRANK COMPOCCIO
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:38 pm    Post subject: Maybe I'm Crazy But I have to ask Reply with quote

Regarding my School Yearbook project!

I just bought the Graduation Style which is really nice but the book doesn't have pages and it's landscape. Doesn't really work well as a Yearbook. I really want to emulate a real school book as much as possible.

I'm experimenting with Album Flipping#3. I would really like to have some pics fly out from the book prior to opening like the Graduation Style. Anybody have any ideas how I can do that. I tried copying some files over from one style to the other but it doesn't seem to work.

There has to be a way of getting into the program and work the code. Any ideas? Any experts out there with any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Frank
FranDiVideo
FRANK COMPOCCIO
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:38 pm    Post subject: Maybe I'm Crazy But I have to ask Reply with quote

Regarding my School Yearbook project!

I just bought the Graduation Style which is really nice but the book doesn't have pages and it's landscape. Doesn't really work well as a Yearbook. I really want to emulate a real school book as much as possible.

I'm experimenting with Album Flipping#3. I would really like to have some pics fly out from the book prior to opening like the Graduation Style. Anybody have any ideas how I can do that. I tried copying some files over from one style to the other but it doesn't seem to work.

There has to be a way of getting into the program and work the code. Any ideas? Any experts out there with any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Frank
FranDiVideo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    3D-Album Forum Index -> Style Questions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: