3D-Album Home 3D-Album Home
Forums for 3D-Album community

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    What's NewWhat's New    AnnouncementAnnouncement   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

not found a programmer that canload to website

View previous topic :: View next topic  
David Kaser
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Product: Trial Version or None

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 7:23 am    Post subject: not found a programmer that canload to website Reply with quote

I have had the photo album for about a year now. I was unable to place any of them on the web, and tried to have a programmer install them to the site. To date I have tried three different programmers, and not one has been able to get the program to work on the web. I do like the program, but would like it much better if the program could be used on the web. I have not heard of the new versions if they are easy to load to the web, or not. I would also like to say that since most of us that purchased this program planned on using it for the internet, and it would be helpfull if a easy install internet version was made that anyone could install even a programmer. Rolling Eyes
oldsoul
Colonel
Colonel

Product: 3D-Album Commercial Suite

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David, you sound very discouraged -- it IS possible to do this, several of us have. I copied/pasted this from a previous message I posted -- see if it helps:

I Built my small test presentation as an html start page in Application Folder c:/mywebpage/Flip -- the last "piece" of this file name is used to name the html page, i.e., in this case Flip.html (several other files and folders are also created in c:/mywebpage/Flip). I then used ftp to upload:

- ALL the "pieces" (files and folders) created and stored in c:/mywebpage/Flip (including the html page, Flip.html)

- to my web site (phs67.net)

- in it's own folder (Flip) (this is optional -- I keep things organized this way)

so I can now type http://www.phs67.net/Flip/Flip.html into my browser's Address box and see the presentation online (eventually -- it's slow because it's so big. i.e., be patient, could take several mintues).

If I did not store it in it's own folder as in bullet 3 above, I would type http://www.phs67.net/Flip.html into the browser Address box.

In either case, you have to type the entire name (URL, address) of the html page into the browser Address box -- or as the link to it on another page. But remember, these things are HUGE and can take a long time to download especially with a modem.
Frogprintz
Major General
Major General

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good directions oldsoul!

Yes, html creation and uploading can easily be done. However, just to confirm what oldsoul has said, 3D albums are much larger than your typical html file. An animated video file can easily become 50MB quickly. Download time for a file this size, especially with a 56KB modem, can take several hours. So be careful and check your file size prior to uploading to your website.

You can reduce the file size by rendering your video as a .wmv or MPeg1 file. After doing so, upload the file to your website in this format. It will play in Windows Media Player. The playback window will be small, and the quality limited, but for internet video streaming it will look OK.

If you would like to see an example, visit my website. When there, click on the "Our Movies" tab. Then click on either "Nite Cafe," or, "Amphibian Blues."

These two animations were not created in 3D Album, but they were rendered and uploaded as WMV files. As you will see, while the quality isn't great, the download time is reasonable and the video quality is acceptable for demonstration/entertainment purposes.

http://www.frogprintz.com

Hope this gives you a better idea of your options.
Frogprintz
Major General
Major General

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 9:14 pm    Post subject: HTML Video upload of Teddy Bears Reply with quote

David,

If you would like to see a 3D-Album displayed on my website, here it is: www.frogprintz.com

Click on the "Our Movies" tab, and then click on "OH Teddy."

Since you have expressed frustration with your apparent inability to make HTML start pages, with video embedded, and then uploaded to your websites. This shows it can be done.

These are the settings I used.

1. My images are 72 DPI
2. My folder size is 1.06 MB
3. My style is Fading # 6
4. My music is a .midi file

Downloading with a 56KB modem still takes some time, and the pictures are a bit jerky. DSL however, works very good.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    3D-Album Forum Index -> FAQ All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: