3D-Album Home 3D-Album Home
Forums for 3D-Album community

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    What's NewWhat's New    AnnouncementAnnouncement   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Christmas style

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jOHN dORAN
Captain
Captain

Product: 3D-Album PicturePro Plantinum

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 4:47 am    Post subject: Christmas style Reply with quote

I was fooling around with the new Family pack from 3Dtime (Great!). In particular TDTBirthdayCP0002. I wanted to turn it into a Christmas style. I created my own FRONT in background. I started with a clear picture in Paint Shop Pro and added some picture tubes. Mostly Christmas tree branches but some ornaments, candy canes, and lights. Make sure and leave about 25% clear space. Now add it to FRONT under the BACKGROUND tab. It looks like you are moving through a Christmas tree! I needed to go back to PSP and modify several times to get it right. I just keep both programs open and bounce back and forth.

Once I did that I created a non-clear background with the same Christmas tree style.

You can set any color on any tab to clear (looks like an X) and it will disappear. I made Christmas textures for the cake and table. I also just made the textures completely clear so they would disappear. This leaves only the flowers and heart. Try putting a Christmas wingding in the heart. I made the butterfly wings transparent red with holly sprigs also. Paint the fence red and green or make it invisible by setting the colors to X. I made a fence texture with poinsettias that looked cool.

If you do the intro right you can easily make a very cool motion menu for your DVDs. Slow the speed to about 2. Capture the intro to the point when you are just leaving the tree (You still cannot see anything but the branches). I convert to AVI. Load into your DVD software timeline. Split the clip near the middle or if you want to get really fancy at a loop point. Move the right hand clip to the front (swap the two clips). Add a fade transition between the two clips and the entire clip will now loop. I plan on using this for this year?s Christmas video as the menu. I will use the TDTChristmasCP0001for the slideshow.

Good luck and Merry Christmas
John
nan
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Product: 3D-Album Commercial Suite

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much for all your wonderful tips!
fortemac
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. What a great idea. I'm going to have to try that.
Thanks,
Cyndy
mileslowe
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 12:52 pm    Post subject: Christmas styles Reply with quote

Thanks for the tip and idea's! I will continue to work with this program and try to do some other things also
Pwolf404
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tip.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    3D-Album Forum Index -> Tips and Tutorials All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: