3D-Album Home 3D-Album Home
Forums for 3D-Album community

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    What's NewWhat's New    AnnouncementAnnouncement   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Required Video Card

View previous topic :: View next topic  
oldsoul
Colonel
Colonel

Product: 3D-Album Commercial Suite

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2003 4:19 am    Post subject: Required Video Card Reply with quote

Can you post info on how someone can determine whether they have a 3D compatible video card? I'd like to know before I put forth the effort and expense to burn a CD and mail it to someone who may not be able to view it.

It would be great if there was a quick generic way to find out -- eg, if I create a web page of a short presentation and they try to view it, would they be able to view it on a web page if they don't have a 3D compatible video card? Otherwise, I suspect it differs with different computers/operating systems; for instance, in a reply to a question you said:

"check (the) System Information (Goto Start - then Programs - then Accessories - then System Tools)."

I tried this with both XP and Windows 2000 and could not find the info needed.

On XP I had to continue (from System Tools) with System Information then Hardware Resoursces then I/O or IRQs but the only reason I know that my video card is listed there is because I know the name of it and can see it listed there (NVIDIA GeForce2 MX 400) -- there's nothing that says its a video card. I can also see the name of the video card if I go to Start/Programs/Accessories/System Tools/System Information/Components/Multimedia/Display -- it shows the name of the video card by Adapter Description -- no indication that this is a video card.

Since most users aren't that computer savvy, this isn't much help to them, only frustrates them instead. So I go back to my earlier question (with fingers crossed): if I create a web page of a short presentation and they try to view it, would they be able to view it on a web page if they don't have a 3D compatible video card?
Styler
Major General
Major General

Product: Trial Version or None

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the computer does not have the compatible video card, people will be able to view your presentation from the web but the animation will run slow. This is perhaps the easiest way to tell whether the computer has the 3D power.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    3D-Album Forum Index -> FAQ All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: