3D-Album Home 3D-Album Home
Forums for 3D-Album community

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    What's NewWhat's New    AnnouncementAnnouncement   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Sailing Style

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DJ
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Product: 3D-Album Commercial Suite

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 12:36 am    Post subject: Sailing Style Reply with quote

Can anyone please tell me how to crop photos for the style with the boat called "SAILING"? It seems no matter what size the photo--square, portrait or landscape--it chops off the head of the subject in the photo. Thanks much.

DJ
Bill Smith
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ,

Here are two suggestions that might help you "work around" the problems.

First, try rearranging your photos. Sometimes you can swap one photo with another, and the cropping effect won't be noticeable.

Second, try changing the canvas size, leaving the image the same size. Go into a photo editor and create a new image with the original dimensions, and having either a transparent or solid background. Then, copy/add your original photo to the new image, resizing the photo so that it is is smaller. Move it to the top or bottom or whereever, so that the portion that is cropped off in the 3D-album is the canvas and not the picture. I did something like this when I created the snowflake for my winter snow demo in the gallery.

Bill
oldsoul
Colonel
Colonel

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's what I did in order to use this style as an opening to a "show" for a group of friends who went on a cruise together. I had already created (using Paint Shop Pro) a theme design on white background that was 600x500 pixels and wanted to use it as an introduction or title to the show. When I tried to use it in the Sailing style, much of the design was cut off. So I used PSP to create a new image that was 900x900 with a white background, then copied and pasted the 500x600 design in the middle of it. It now looks like writing on the sail. You can see the comparison between the original and on-larger-background at: http://www.bcdenterprises.net/3Ddemos/IntroSailing/Sailing.html

If you want to use a photo on the sail, you need to crop it so it is 100-200 pixels larger than the part you want showing -- and square worked for me when I tried it on some pictures that I didn't upload (wanted to keep the web page small). Or you could paste it onto a black, white or colored (square) background larger than the photo.

Last edited by oldsoul on Mon Feb 14, 2005 12:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
DJ
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 12:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Sailing Style Reply with quote

Old Soul, thank you so much for your response as well -- and a double thanks for the demo -- your opening looks really cool. I have cruise photos also, and felt this style would be perfect to make a presentation to share with the cruise group.

DJ
Post new topic   Reply to topic    3D-Album Forum Index -> Assistance All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: