3D-Album Home 3D-Album Home
Forums for 3D-Album community

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    What's NewWhat's New    AnnouncementAnnouncement   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Upgrade to 3.28

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shann
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Product: 3D-Album PicturePro Plantinum

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:51 pm    Post subject: Upgrade to 3.28 Reply with quote

I have built and burned several 3d albums but since I updated to 3.28,each time I try to convert an album it freezes my pc about 1/2 way through so I have to power off and reboot.I also notice even though I do not have quick time loaded on my pc the mpg file shows quick time movie Confused Also when played with my ati file player it only plays the background music,no movie.. Sad Please does anyone have any suggestions to why this happens,,P.S. also after upgrade it shows on splash screen 3.28 but on home page of 3d it still shows 3.27..
Thank you in advance to any help...Shann
Frogprintz
Major General
Major General

Product: 3D-Album Commercial Suite

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you normally use Windows Media Player as your default?

If so, it sounds like you may have lost your setting.

1) Right mouse click on any video clip you have created.

2) Select OPEN WITH ?K and then CHOOSE PROGRAM

3) Select Windows Media Player from the program list.

4) Make sure to check the box ??Always use the selected program to open file.??

Also check your settings in Media Player.

1) Open Media player and go to the TOOLS bar.

2) Click on OPTIONS, then the FILE TYPES tab.

3) Click on the SELECT ALL button.

If you take these two steps, you should be able to open your video files with Media Player instead of QuickTime.
Shann
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:49 pm    Post subject: 3.28 upgrade Reply with quote

Sorry Embarassed I guess I didn't explain clearly..I use ATI to play most all files.My problem mainly is my pc freezing since I upgraded to 3.28 when I try to convert an album,and I never had this problem in the past.My pc doesn't freeze with any other programs except 3d album.Is there a bug or has anyone else had this problem with the pc freezing?I will leave it at that till I get this problem fixed then I will post again with any other problems...Thank you for the response..Shann
Bill Smith
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every now and then "they" (the 3D-Album staff) release a update package that has an bug in it. But this is usualy identified same day.

The more normal problem is that either someone didn't get a good download or they tried to install while 3D-Album was already running. Try downloading another copy. Then, make sure that you've closed the 3D-Album program and run the update. (Some people prefer to simply close 3D-Album and then to run the update by clicking on RUN instead of SAVE - you can do either.)

You might need to remove and reload your 3D-Album program before applying the update. Hopefully not.

Also, you might need to delete the persistent folder from the application data\3D-Album folder (not from the program files folder).

Some people have problems with the 3D-Album program freezing caused by a bad image file. This shouldn't be your problem if the only thing you did was to apply the upgrade and then the freezing started.

HOW TO: www.northwestpages.com/3dalbum_tutorial/
YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/northwestpages
Facebook: www.facebook.com/NWpages
Shann
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 8:49 am    Post subject: 3.28 Reply with quote

Bill thank you for the input..I have tried doing a new download of another copy but when I go to install it comes up saying the program I already have is newer.The one I have is showing 3.28 on the 3d album splash screen but in the program itself it shows 3.27.
Your right I have not touched any of the image files or make any changes,just trying to get the upgrade. Also I always close my programs before upgrading also always stop my virus programs before installing anything..
You mentioned deleteing the persistent folder via the application data\3d-album folder,do you mean just delete the whole persistant folder and all it contains? I will wait on your answer before trying this,if this does not work I only see reinstalling the 3d program
Once again thank you Smile ...Shann
Bill Smith
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shann, I'm not sure what to tell you. You might send an email to support@3d-album.com and tell them about your problem. I've always found them to be pretty fast about answering emails.

I'm assuming that when you say "the program iteself shows 3.27" that you're referring to the home page that comes up when you click on the home icon in the top left corner. In my case, both the splash screen that shows up for an instant while the program loads and the program show 3.28.

If you don't have any settings that you're worried about losing, then I would do a remove and reinstall, followed by a update of the larger 3.28 update file. In between removing and reinstalling, I would also delete the persistent folder which is found in DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\you\APPLICATION DATA\3D-ALBUM. You might not need to delete the entire folder. I think Styler talked about this in one of his postings. I'm suggesting deleting the entire folder to make sure that you get a full clean start when the reinstall runs.

I ran a test on my PC and was able to run a 2nd update of 3.28. No problem. I then tried to run an old update (3.26) and received the warning message like you mentioned. You might want to make sure that the update file you're trying to execute does have the 3.28 in it's name.

HOW TO: www.northwestpages.com/3dalbum_tutorial/
YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/northwestpages
Facebook: www.facebook.com/NWpages
Post new topic   Reply to topic    3D-Album Forum Index -> Assistance All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: