3D-Album Home 3D-Album Home
Forums for 3D-Album community

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    What's NewWhat's New    AnnouncementAnnouncement   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Working with Scrolling Text in 3DT Wedding Styles

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bill Smith
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Product: 3D-Album Commercial Suite

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:52 pm    Post subject: Working with Scrolling Text in 3DT Wedding Styles Reply with quote

I love the scrolling text feature found in the various 3DT Wedding Show styles (the TDTweddingPS0001 is free). What I don't love is changing the text for each wedding.

James wrote a nice set of instructions for us, which can be found at http://www.3d-album.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1836. But I wanted something even easier for me.

So here is what I did:

(Note - this requires Photoshop Elements or something similiar).

1. Create separate psd documents for the Bride & Groom, for the parents, for the bridesmaids, and for the grooms & ushers, etc. Each of these should have two layers. One layer is set up for text and is left aligned. This layer contains "titles" such as Best Man:, Ushers:, etc. The second layer is set up for text that is right aligned. This layer contains the names of the various people. Save these .PSD documents. The background for each of these documents needs to be deleted so that they are "transparent".

2. Then, do a SAVE AS, creating a .PNG file. These names should be _vimgN.png. The N would be 1, 2, 3, etc. So, your files would named _vimg1.png, _vimg2.png, _vimg3.png, etc.

3. Copy these _vimgN.png files to the following folder in your 3D-Album program path. I'll use my path, which is:
Quote:
C:\Program Files\3D-Album-CS\Presentation\3DT Wedding Show\TDTWeddingPS0001\_finish

It's a little work to set up, but once you set it up you can easily change names for each wedding.

BTW - You could also set up a single layer document. Then, either manually control the right alignment with tabs and spaces, or just do a single tab to indent the lines containing names.

My wedding CD template (part of my tutorial offerings) contains versions of the above. But you can easily create your own.

Be careful to leave room on both the right and left sides, so that your text fits between the "tag images" and the right side which will be cut off when converted to a DVD.

HOW TO: www.northwestpages.com/3dalbum_tutorial/
YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/northwestpages
Facebook: www.facebook.com/NWpages
Post new topic   Reply to topic    3D-Album Forum Index -> Tips and Tutorials All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: