3D-Album Home 3D-Album Home
Forums for 3D-Album community

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    What's NewWhat's New    AnnouncementAnnouncement   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Intros and Endings

View previous topic :: View next topic  
oldsoul
Colonel
Colonel

Product: 3D-Album Commercial Suite

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 1:02 pm    Post subject: Intros and Endings Reply with quote

Here are a couple ideas for beginning and ending "shows". Demos on my web site include pictures only so as to keep the downloads small (3-4meg).

In response to a question on formatting photos for the Sailing style, which I used as an intro:

Here's what I did in order to use this style as an opening to a "show" for a group of friends who went on a cruise together. I had already created (using Paint Shop Pro) a theme design on white background that was 600x500 pixels and wanted to use it as an introduction or title to the show. When I tried to use it in the Sailing style, much of the design was cut off. So I used PSP to create a new image that was 900x900 with a white background, then copied and pasted the 500x600 design in the middle of it. It now looks like writing on the sail. You can see the comparison between the original and on-larger-background at: http://www.bcdenterprises.net/3Ddemos/IntroSailing/Sailing.html

If you want to use a photo on the sail, you need to crop it so it is 100-200 pixels larger than the part you want showing -- and square worked for me when I tried it on some pictures that I didn't upload (wanted to keep the web page small). Or you could paste it onto a black, white or colored (square) background larger than the photo.

Here's one of my favorite ways to end my shows (credits):

I create several 512x512 px images in Paint Shop Pro, all with black backgrounds. Using the Text feature of PSP I write:

- "The End"
- Credits, as many as needed/desired (e.g., "Photography by..." "Special thanks to..." "Produced by...")
- My logo, copyright, etc.
- nothing (blank -- this last, plain black image is a nice fade-out before the show ends (not so abrupt).

Use Fading 4 with a black background and whatever closing music you want. Here's an example: http://www.bcdenterprises.net/3Ddemos/Credits/Credits.html

Extras:
- Any color can be used for background -- looks best if the background of the image and the background of the style are the same color.
- You could include "outtake" pictures on each image or between credits.
- If you don't have something like PSP, you could create a Word doc or even a hand-written/hand-crafted item and scan it or photograph it and use those images.
- If all else fails, I am willing to make PSP (.jpg) images for you (for a fee -- email me via my web page as specified in my profile -- I'm not trying to be particularly mercenary here, just want to help).
Frogprintz
Major General
Major General

Product: 3D-Album Commercial Suite

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldsoul,

Wonderful tips. I really like the detail you provide. Thank you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    3D-Album Forum Index -> Tips and Tutorials All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: