3D-Album Home 3D-Album Home
Forums for 3D-Album community

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    What's NewWhat's New    AnnouncementAnnouncement   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Help!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
aiki456
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Product: 3D-Album Commercial Suite

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 3:10 pm    Post subject: Help! Reply with quote

Help! I am trying to learn this software and the tutorials have been helpful (without them, I couldn??t even figure out how to get started!) but I need a little extra help and hopefully someone here will be kind enough to do just that.

Here??s what I am trying to do?K I have a ??concept?? presentation that I created in PowerPoint that was accepted by a client and I now need to convert it to a professional, distributable product. (I have purchased 3D CS)

The show consists of two opening slides that are text-only (a poem) followed by a series of client-supplied photos that undergo a variety of transitions. About six-seconds into the show, a client-selected song begins to play and runs for the duration of the show. The slides are synchronized to the music because certain photos have to appear at exactly certain points in the song. In fact, on some slides, ??thought bubbles?? appear over people??s heads with the lyrics that are currently playing.

Ok, I get that I have to segment groups of pictures into separate folders and that each group of photos can have a unique style but...

Within each group, how can I control the transition effect and timing on a per photo basis? How can I separately control how long a slide is up and then how long the transition is to the next slide?

How do you create a blank slide and then have text transition in (this would be for the opening poem I described above)? On photo slides, can text appear after a set delay? How do you sync the music throughout the show with slides that are in different folders/style-groupings?

Sorry to bombard you with so many rookie questions! To show you that I??m not just a ??taker,?? I will follow this post with some information I have gotten on using copyrighted music. Thank you for any help you can offer!
nan
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Aiki456,

Quote:
Within each group, how can I control the transition effect and timing on a per photo basis? How can I separately control how long a slide is up and then how long the transition is to the next slide?

You can use time feature to drag photos along the sound track. However, not all styles support timeline. You have to select styles with the timeline feature.

Quote:
How do you create a blank slide and then have text transition in (this would be for the opening poem I described above)?

There is no 3D-Album styles dedicated to text transition yet. However, you can work on it this way: Create a series of text images (slide) with transparent or semi-transparent background with each slide adding one more text line or bullet pragraph and then use a style such as fading ot turnover to display the text slide series.

Quote:
How do you sync the music throughout the show with slides that are in different folders/style-groupings?

Timeline works within a single album only. To sync on mutiple albums, you have plan the timing first, and then allocate the time to each album in the mixer.
Frogprintz
Major General
Major General

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best solution available at present, is to use a video editing program like Ulead Video Studio 9 or, Roxio's Easy Media Creator (Video Wave). This would allow you to process all the control functions you describe. Most 3D Album users realize that its strength lies in the ability to produce 3D style effects. A video editor compliments 3D Album exceptionally well. Perhaps MR will incorporate video editing into future releases of the program. However, until this is done, if ever, a 3D party combination is the best way to go. You will get much better results with timing and text requirements by doing so. You can use a different video editor than the two I recommend if you wish, but I've found these two offer a great intuitive interface and low cost value.

Here is a link to an excellent training aid. Its a video instruction for Ulead Video Studio, but its principles apply to all editors/editing. It costs $ 14.95

http://www.ulead.com/partner/learntool/vw/vw.htm
aiki456
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nan/Michael - thank you both for your suggestions and taking the time to respond.
Mary Ellen
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Product: 3D-Album PicturePro Plantinum

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael, I own Roxio Easy Media Creator 7. Would this Home to Hollywood software be a useful training tool for me?
aiki456
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I've created my first "test" presentation, combining several albums into one exe and tried to set it to music. The music keeps starting over everytime that the project transitions to where a new album begins (even though I used the mixer to combine the albums into the single exe). How do I get the music to just play through once without restarting at those points? Also, is there a way to have the music delay starting (I actually don't want it playing during the initial 10-seconds)?

As always, thanks for your help!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    3D-Album Forum Index -> Tips and Tutorials All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: