3D-Album Home 3D-Album Home
Forums for 3D-Album community

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    What's NewWhat's New    AnnouncementAnnouncement   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

video compression?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
louiedet
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Product: 3D-Album PicturePro Standard

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:53 pm    Post subject: video compression? Reply with quote

If I compress my avi. movies, the pics look bad, If I don,t compress, the pics look good but I seem to be limited to writting only 2 GB of un-compressed video.[ not many pics in the album] Is there a way around this so I can use the albums in my editing program?
rsnow
Major General
Major General

Product: 3D-Album Commercial Suite

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you say the compressed pics look bad, are you viewing them in your video editing program on your computer? If so, that is not a good place to evaluate them. The reason being that what you see on your monitor are pics compressed much more than they will be on the DVD disk. It is kind of like the difference between thumbnails and actual size pictures. They will look better when viewed on your tv.

If you are going to make and view your presentations by way of DVD I do not know of any way to avoid compression. The standard for DVD is mpg2 so even if you work in AVI in your editor, you will have to convert to NTSC DVD (mpg2) in order to burn to a DVD disk. You may not be going this route but that is the way most people do it.

The best way to get good looking pics in the final product is to make sure you are using a program with a good codec. That is why 3D Album gives you the ability to choose in the Capture options, 'use a high quality encoder' and either a 'currently installed decoder' or the 'built in VAC decoder'.

I personally have always used the built in VAC decoder and have good results.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    3D-Album Forum Index -> Assistance All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: