3D-Album Home 3D-Album Home
Forums for 3D-Album community

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    What's NewWhat's New    AnnouncementAnnouncement   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Capturing video from camcorders

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bill Smith
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Product: 3D-Album Commercial Suite

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:59 pm    Post subject: Capturing video from camcorders Reply with quote

I know that the newer video cameras allow you to capture really nice videos directly into your PC.

I own an older video camera - a Sony CCD-TRV 608. It's a nice camera and I'm not ready to replace it yet. The trouble is that it has an older USB capture device built into it. When I use the software and cable that came with the camera I get jerky smaller captures then I want.

I've tried various techniques - but here's the one I like the best.

I bought a WINTV-PVR USB2 device from Hauppauge. It does a great job of capturing video from my video camera (it can also capture from TV, VCR, etc.). The video's can be captured in a MPEG2 format that is ready to load into your DVD authoring software. Better yet, the package came with a copy of ULEAD's Movie Factory 5.0 SE. (You can use the Movie Factory software to create DVDs created by 3D-Album's CAPTURE function.

Since the video can be captured as MPEG2, you can import it into your 3D-Album styles that support videos.

I like this product alot, and recommend it to anyone needing a better way to capture their videos from their video cameras.

Make sure that you buy the package that talks about DVD. They have an older version that only supports VCD and SVCD which is not as good.

HOW TO: www.northwestpages.com/3dalbum_tutorial/
YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/northwestpages
Facebook: www.facebook.com/NWpages
Post new topic   Reply to topic    3D-Album Forum Index -> Resources All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: