3D-Album Home 3D-Album Home
Forums for 3D-Album community

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    What's NewWhat's New    AnnouncementAnnouncement   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

camera has mind of it's own!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Simon Allan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Product: 3D-Album Commercial Suite

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:36 am    Post subject: camera has mind of it's own!! Reply with quote

Hi all,
l know, strange subject line, but l drew a blank.
The TDT Memorial CP0002 theme wants to control the camera other than what l set it to do, it has done this now on two occassions, the first time it sort of worked but today it just won't do, the camera zooms in way to quickly and in the middle of the picure, the camera control seems to go wayward on pics No. 3, No. 9 and 15 only. All the other pics (25) work as l've set the camera. these ones all zoom in faster than normal regardless of what l've set the camera to do. l've edited out the fast zooms in premiere pro so l have got around the problem today. This is a new install of software after system crash with all updates to 3D Album CS and updated memorial theme. Before the crash (of 06) the themes worked without problem, l hope someone has got an idea.
Thanks.
Simon Allan
nan
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you manually set the timing in the timeline? Images of No.3, 9, and 15 may have a very short period in timeline that making the camera moving fast. If you have manually set the timing in the timeline, check the timing for each photo again. Otherwise, just click "Set to default interval" in the "Edit" menu.
Simon Allan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks nan for your reply,
I did not alter the timing in the timeline for this slide show, but l did go in and "Set to default interval" in the "Edit" menu as you said. This did not fix the problem, so l went to the camera settings again for No. 3 photo and moved the "start" camera box Lt then Rt (to where it was originally) watched the preview (O.K) started the show again and the camera worked as camera settings were placed, so l did the same for the other photos moved the camera start and finish boxes back and forth previewed it then started the slide show again and all the effected photos now behave as set.
Funny cattle this software l've gone years without hic-up, now little things (even after a complete install, you know this only started happening after l upgraded the CS version recently to the latest version, could be co-incidental???? but then!!!.
Thanks again nan for your help.
Simon Allan
Simon Allan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:38 pm    Post subject: post it note!! Reply with quote

Hi all, I thought l'd just share my experience after having to buy a completely new system, not that l'm complaining mind you, because l seem to have fixed my problem of "mind of it's own camera" in doing so.
After the install of 3D Album CS and all of my presentations l decided not to upgrade to the latest CS version (yet) l ran a job through 3D Album using the memorial 2 theme and all camera settings that l set worked as made, without having to go back after viewing and wiggle the camera boxes to make them work. l'll make a restore point before l do an upgrade to the themes that l have and if all works after that l may consider an upgrade to the latest CS2, but if all is working well as it is now l'm not likely to upgrade as l don't have the time to go back to make the camera work properly after l've set the camera to do it again and hope that it works. Having said that l'm still of the opinion that 3D Album is the the best Slide Show making software around.
Simon Allan

For any one who's interested here is my latest machine:
Coolermaster Stacker 810, with 4 Bay Hard Drive Module
full compliment of cooling fans, USB in front
850WATT OCZ high performance power supply
ASUS P5WDG2-WS Pro 64Bit PCI mainboard
Intel Core 2 Duo E6700 CPU
4GB (4 X 1GBG) OCZ Platinum PC 6400 High Performance DDR2 SDRAM
1 X Matrox 128MB Parhelia APVe PCI-E 16X display card
3 port 64Bit Firewire 800 card
Creative Audigy 7.1
4 X 320GB Seagate 7200rpm 16MB cache 3.0GB/s SATA II hard disk drives
2 X Pioneer DVR-111DB DVD+-R/RW
1.44MB FDD
5 Button Laser Mouse & Multimedia keyboard
Microsoft Windows XP Pro OEM installed
2 X CMV 221D 22" Wide screen 1680 X 1050 WSXGA resolution, 5ms response time, 800:1 contrast ratio, DVI & D-Sub inputs, black colour LCD Display
1 X 320GB Welland ME-340F2U2 USB 2.0/Firewire 800 External case
1 X Upsonic DS2000 Domestic 2000VA Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS)
nan
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a bit concerned about your "1 X Matrox 128MB Parhelia APVe PCI-E 16X display card", does it give you a true color? Matrox used to have a color problem but I know nothing about the current status.
Simon Allan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi nan,
I've used the new machine x3 now with 3DAlbum, and the resulting color has not been an issue. (nothing that l've noticed on preview of finished product that would make you go what the hell is that color) Every thing from color to smoothness of operation in Premiere Pro, After Effects and Encore. (of course it has alot to do with the other components within the computer) has not been an issue. I did noticed some settings that l could have used for anti-aliiasing (spelling?) and l remembered you writting something re this setting so l left it alone.
Simon
Post new topic   Reply to topic    3D-Album Forum Index -> Assistance All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: