3D-Album Home 3D-Album Home
Forums for 3D-Album community

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    What's NewWhat's New    AnnouncementAnnouncement   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

MISSING POST

View previous topic :: View next topic  
David Garcia
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Product: 3D-Album Commercial Suite

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:16 pm    Post subject: MISSING POST Reply with quote

I posted this message more than a week ago and it has not appeared.

The problem is that Style Movie Show #2 only displays 12-13 photos and then quits. Does it have a limit?
Bill Smith
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think there is any limit. I just ran a test with 79 images and it showed them all.

If the problem shows up prior to CAPTURE, then I would check your images.

If the problem shows up during CAPTURE, then I would suspect that you're trying to capture to either AVI or DV AVI and hitting the size limit.

HOW TO: www.northwestpages.com/3dalbum_tutorial/
YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/northwestpages
Facebook: www.facebook.com/NWpages
David Garcia
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:57 pm    Post subject: MISSING POST Reply with quote

Thanks,

Yes the problem is not in creating the Album, but in Capture, as I mentioned in my original post. I finally found the post but it had no replies. Yes I am capturing to AV DV. What is the size limit? Did I miss something or is that mentioned in Help?
Bill Smith
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't work with AVI or DV AVI. I think Nan is the one who works with them the most.

My understanding is that there is a 2gb or 4gb limit on the AVI files, and that this has nothing to do with 3D-Album, but is a general limitation. I don't believe it is covered in any HELP information, but I could also be missing it.

Here's what my tutorial says:
Quote:
Why do some people prefer AVI or DV-AVI? Because AVI is uncompressed, and DV-AVI uses lossless compression (much like png over jpg). Now, currently, DVDs are MPEG-2 video files which are compressed video files. The thing about compressed files is that each time they are compressed they lose a little quality. It??s the reason some people prefer to work with TIFF over JPG. The DVD authoring program will compress the DV-AVI when it creates the DVD video folders. I??ve been lucky and satisfied with my results using DVD-NTSC (mpeg-2) from the get go. But, if you have quality problems, try the DV-AVI approach. Does the compression affect you? I created a 28 second test. DVD NTSC was about 22mb and DV AVI was about 855mb.

HOW TO: www.northwestpages.com/3dalbum_tutorial/
YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/northwestpages
Facebook: www.facebook.com/NWpages
David Garcia
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:23 am    Post subject: MISSING POST AVI VS MPG Reply with quote

Bill,

Thanks for your reply. It was a big help. I had been using AVI or DV-AVI and taking the output into Pinnacle Studio. I didn't know that Studio would accept MPG. I ran a test using to CAPTURE my album using DVD NTSC as you suggested, and it went from >4GB to <1 GB!! I then took it into Studio to be sure it works, and it does!

Thanks again
Post new topic   Reply to topic    3D-Album Forum Index -> Style Questions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: