3D-Album Home 3D-Album Home
Forums for 3D-Album community

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    What's NewWhat's New    AnnouncementAnnouncement   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

3.0 to 3.29 upgrade error - vaesaver.dll and VisViva Player

Post new topic   Reply to topic    3D-Album Forum Index -> Questions and Answers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dosdr
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Product: 3D-Album Commercial Suite

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 4:11 am    Post subject: 3.0 to 3.29 upgrade error - vaesaver.dll and VisViva Player Reply with quote

I just downloaded the upgrade patch from 3d-album CS 3.0 to 3.29. Near the end of installation I received an error that said:

The procedure entry point ?SetDefaultWinStyle@appContext@@UAEX_N@Z could not be located in the dynamic link library vaesaver.dll.

What was that? 3d-Album CS seems to run fine, but the VisViva Player can't seem to open any files. The VisViva Player still showed vs 3.0, so I figured the install didnt' take on it. So I intalled an upgrade on VisViva player from 3.0 to 3.1 that I still had from last time I upgraded. NOW, VisViva player won't open AT ALL, and asks me if I want to notify microsoft.

HELP!
Shocked
nan
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you run the 3D-Album update package, make sure you have the administrator's permission in order to allow the update package to copy the dll files into Windows' system32 folder. If the files are successfully copied, your vaengine.dll and vaesaver.dll in the folder should be dated 4/26/2007.
dosdr
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I reinstalled but still had problems. HOWEVER, I re-downloaded the upgrade and reinstalled. No problems. Now everything is working fine. Guess it was just a bad download. Go figure. Thank you so much for your help.

J. Buehler
Post new topic   Reply to topic    3D-Album Forum Index -> Questions and Answers All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: