3D-Album Home 3D-Album Home
Forums for 3D-Album community

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    What's NewWhat's New    AnnouncementAnnouncement   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Problems with a build or maybe mixer??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    3D-Album Forum Index -> Questions and Answers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sandign
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Product: 3D-Album PicturePro Plantinum

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 2:19 am    Post subject: Problems with a build or maybe mixer?? Reply with quote

I'm finalizing a Funeral Memorial video for my Mother and have run into a problem. The first album is built using MontagePS0012. I can build the album successfully and I have the shortcut on my desktop. And that works fine. I can go to the folder and click on it and it plays fine. But when I go to the program itself and click on MyAlbums, the right folders are there and all but one doesn't work (there are 4) work fine. But Album one has no photos. I've double checked and I do have it checked to copy the photos. I tried mixing it just in case, the first first album has no photos.

It's weird that the only place it doesn't work is when I'm in the program itself and getting ready to mix.

Any thoughts? I need to finish this very quickly as I will probably need it this week. Thanks

Sandy
sandign
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 6:59 pm    Post subject: Additional Information Reply with quote

Ok...I've learned that if I capture it without mixing it, it seems to work fine. But....if I add it to a mix, it just doesn't seem to work. None of the photos seem to show up. The Album1 file works if I click on the shortcut or if I click on the start file itself. Just not in the program under MyAlbums. What I see is just the style.

I decided that I would caputre it as an .avi and then just bring them together in Roxio. However when I capture it, the playblack is really jerky. I'm tried a couple frame settings and (used 25, 29.97 and 30) and used Microsoft Video 1.

When that didn't work I then tried DVD NTSC and just just the one album since I can't seem to get it to mix. The payback then was fine. So that leads me to believes that it may be my settings.

But it doesn't solve my problem of mixing. This is just not making sense to me. I must be missing something.

Guess I'm getting desperate to figure this out because I most likely will need it in the next couple of weeks.

Thanks for your help.

Sandy
sandign
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 10:26 am    Post subject: Partially solved Reply with quote

Well, I've found that if I shutdown the software and re-opne, that the pictures will show up. This is strange. Just on Montage00012 though. the others worked fine.

I changed my setting away from Microsft Video 1 after finding some later posts and reading again through some tutorials.

I then captured using DV AVI but it still played jerky. I used a frame rate of 30 and a capture quality of 75.

It plays well if I do the DVD NTSC Now I have not put it on a DVD yet though. I only captured a small piece of it. I really want to be able to edit this in my editing program but I'm getting desperate.
rsnow
Major General
Major General

Product: 3D-Album Commercial Suite

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suggest doing a test with a small file using the DV-AVI. Go ahead and put it on disk using Roxio and see what it looks like.

On my setup, when I changed to dual processors, I was no longer able to even view my builds when selecting the .vexe file. However, when I go ahead and capture, I can put the video in my editor and it plays fine.
sandign
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 9:01 am    Post subject: Clarification Reply with quote

I want to make sure I understnd. So even if it appear to be jerky while capturing, it may not actually abe that way when played on DVD?

One last question. Is it better to mix/capture all of the album in3-D album and then use my editng program to add the music or capture each one indivdually and then add them one by one in my video editng software and then add the music? I'm thinking abut the transistions because I have a total of 5 albums. (2 of them are opening and closing though)

Thanks
rsnow
Major General
Major General

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First, yes it is possible that the video file is OK even if it looks jerky, etc. on your computer. Remember that how it looks on your computer can be influenced by a number of factors such as the amount of memory you have installed, the graphics card, the drivers for the graphics card and so forth.

Believe me, I was quite upset the first time it happened to me. But thanks to the help of some of the folks on this forum, I did what I suggested to you and found that the video file itself was not faulty.

Second, I'm sure everyone has their own preferences on how to accomplish the end results. My preference is to build and capture each album and then do my mixing and music in my video editor. I don't mean to imply that I never vary from this procedure. Creativity sometimes requires changing things. For the most part though I prefer to work with video clips that are not longer than 15 minutes.

It has been my experience that most people won't stay interested in a single photo more than 6-8 seconds and they won't stay interested in a theme or segment of photos more than 10-15 minutes. So, I try to make changes often enough to keep them interested.
sandign
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 11:04 pm    Post subject: Did a test Reply with quote

Thanks....I did a test and it actually worked really well. Still have to test it in the DVD player but once burned it plays nicely. Never had that problem before.

Just have to work some on the transitions. I removed the fade funcitons but don't like the way it just jumps into the next one. I haven't found a decent fade or transistion that I like in my Roxio program. I really want just a slow fade, so I have to do some research.

Thanks so much for your help.

Sandy
rsnow
Major General
Major General

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about Roxio but the other video editors I've seen or used provide the ability to stretch out the fade either by means of dragging the transition on the timeline or changing its settings.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    3D-Album Forum Index -> Questions and Answers All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: