3D-Album Home 3D-Album Home
Forums for 3D-Album community

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    What's NewWhat's New    AnnouncementAnnouncement   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

How Can you play a Burned CD on a DVD Player

View previous topic :: View next topic  
S. Lewis Weiss
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Product: 3D-Album Home Edition 2.xx

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 5:55 pm    Post subject: How Can you play a Burned CD on a DVD Player Reply with quote

Once I burn the CD. I can play it to the computer. When I take it to the TV all I see is the pictures with no music or 3D?? Any Help??? Sad
Bill Smith
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Product: 3D-Album Commercial Suite

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspect that you've created a CD that includes EXE files and VEXE files. These are needed if you want to share an album application that you created with another PC user.

To create a "movie" that can be played on TV using a DVD player, you have to create a "movie file" (mpeg2 for DVD). If you're burning a CD, you probably want to create a VCD. DVD's usually require a DVD burner. A VCD uses one kind of movie file. A DVD uses another.

Michael Young (Frogprintz Productions) has several good postings on this topic. Check out http://www.3d-album.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=387.
S. Lewis Weiss
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does your coment mean that I have to use a DVD burner to make a DVD for the DVD player. If I eliminate the EXE files and VEXE files will that enable me to view it on my DVD player at the TV set? If I create the MPEG2 file will that help? I thought this ProgramCD could be viewed on the DVD player at the TV.

The question still remains: Is there anyway to make a CD at the computer and play it on the DVD and see the 3D and hear the music??
rsnow
Major General
Major General

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you using a CD burner (one that only burns CDs)? Or, are you using a DVD burner? Please tell us what kind of burner you are using.

Are you using VAC to create NTSC DVD files?
Are you using VAC to create VCD files?
Are you creating the album with 3D Albums and then burning the album directly to a CD?

We need to know more about what steps you are taking in this endeavor.
S. Lewis Weiss
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am burning directly to a CD burner. Can you give me specific directions on how to set formats to get the CD to show on a multiformat DVD player.

Thanks!
rsnow
Major General
Major General

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Using Visviva Animation Capture program:
1. select vcd ntsc as the movie type
2. locate the album you want to burn and select the .vexe file
3. set the path to location where you want the captured file to be stored and give it a name
4. the the frame rate, frame size and movie quality will be grayed out, skip them
5. leave the start frame set to 0
6. if you created the album to continue playing rather than stop on the last picture, you can either set the number of frames in the End Frame window or you can monitor the capture progress and click the stop button when you reach the point you want it to stop.

If you created the album to stop on the last picture, leave the End Frame set to 0 and the capture should stop at the end of the album.
Bill Smith
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once you create the mpeg file, you then have to use some other software to create the VCD. Bubbly BABS found a free product called VCDeasy that can be used to do this. You can read what she wrote by referring to http://www.3d-album.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=234&highlight=.

The VCD can be played on most DVD players, and also on your PC using a DVD player program. It is possible to create a VCD that also contains an autorun.inf file and all of the images required for running your 3D-Album on a PC.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    3D-Album Forum Index -> FAQ All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: