3D-Album Home 3D-Album Home
Forums for 3D-Album community

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    What's NewWhat's New    AnnouncementAnnouncement   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

DVD suite 2.03

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sassejam
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Product: 3D-Album PicturePro Standard

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 4:05 pm    Post subject: DVD suite 2.03 Reply with quote

I just purchased this software from HSN is the version an old one?? or new one. Since its a DVD suite, does that mean I can burn my photos on DVD?? or just CD Laughing
Bill Smith
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Product: 3D-Album Commercial Suite

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have one of the older products. Check out http://3d-album.com/product/user_pe203.html to see what you can upgrade to, and to get information.

I believe that the DVD version that you have comes with a copy of VAC (Visvivia Animation Capture), either stand-alone or built in. This means that you can use the 3D-Album software to create an album application and then use VAC to create a movie file. The movie file can be either mpeg1, mpeg2, avi, wmv, etc. If you choose DVD NTSC ir DVD PAL, then you will be creating a movie file that is correctly formatted for burning to a DVD - but you will need to have a DVD authoring tool in order to do this.

You might want to start by reviewing my two tutorials.

Creating your first album http://www.3d-album.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=567
and burning to DVD http://www.3d-album.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=549
Charles J. Hentz
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Product: 3D-Album DVD Suite 2.xx

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The VAC is seperate in 2.03. Authoring software is normally supplied with the purchase of the DVD burner. One thing you will probably want to have, especially with the DVD version (which I have) is movie editing software. You'll figure that out after putzing around with 'timing issues'. I've just bought Ulead's VideoStudio 8. It does now come with authoring software. I've not been able to find it anywhere but online at Ulead's site and I've not tried it yet but their other version 7 was recommended. Sony's MovieMaker is also recommended by many. Pinnacle's version while very robust has been reported to have lots of 'problems'.

Charlie
sassejam
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Product: 3D-Album PicturePro Standard

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 10:42 am    Post subject: movie file Reply with quote

the 3rd item in visviva capture window 2.04 (movie file) am I suppose to create a file here (which doesn't work) or what I'm totally lost. nothing I do works. Where or what do I use as mpg file??? I'm trying to create a svcd for the first time, I want to see if it works....well so far not.

I wished HSN would have mention the software they were selling was an older version.
Frogprintz
Major General
Major General

Product: 3D-Album Commercial Suite

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sassejam,

Read Bill Smith's tutorial on DVD/VCD creation.

http://www.3d-album.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=549
Post new topic   Reply to topic    3D-Album Forum Index -> Assistance All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: