3D-Album Home 3D-Album Home
Forums for 3D-Album community

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    What's NewWhat's New    AnnouncementAnnouncement   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Create Screensaver for different computer

View previous topic :: View next topic  
harrylong
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Product: 3D-Album DVD Suite 2.xx

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 11:36 pm    Post subject: Create Screensaver for different computer Reply with quote

I am running Windows XP and have been able to create a screensaver for my PC. I have also been able to create a CD to give to my Mother. So far so good. Razz Razz Razz

But how to I create a screensaver that she can use on her Win 98 machine. Am I missing a setting that I am not aware of in Windows???? Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Thanks Harry
Styler
Major General
Major General

Product: Trial Version or None

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Personal Edition does not support creating screensavers for other computers.

In the Commercial Suite, you can create screensaver distribution package for other computer to install.
gwz
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Product: Trial Version or None

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2003 7:46 pm    Post subject: Is there an upgrade from the personel Reply with quote

Is there an upgrade from the personel?
bubblybabs
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could also make the program into an mpeg as if you are going to burn to a vcd then use a program such as Axialis to make THAT into a screensaver... I haven't tried this yet though... Just a thought...

To be honest, I am disappointed that I can't create a stand-alone screensaver that I could distribute with this program... Can't you make it so that those w/ the personal edition can make one but with the 3D-Album logo somewhere? Like in the credits? Something not too annoying yet a way to let people who view the screensaver know it was made using your program?

Babs
bubblybabs
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The mpg into a screensaver idea works... Alot of work though...
Babs
bobpgid
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 9:06 pm    Post subject: What do you mean I can't create screensavers for other computers? Reply with quote

I just purchased the 3-D Album DVD Suite a few days ago and while I like the program, I'm frustrated to find out you cannot make screensavers for other computers. Why did I even spend $60 on this program??? While I like the idea of changing my screensaver to an MPEG... I'll need to buy another program (if I want the full version). This is ridiculous!!!! Evil or Very Mad
Don Roycraft
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Product: 3D-Album PE (Personal Edition) 2.xx

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 10:28 am    Post subject: Not a Happy User Reply with quote

Just a few minutes ago I was talkiong about how great this program is. Now I'm angry. To discover that you cannot make screensavers to share. That is crazy. There are other programs that do this foa a whole lot less than $60.00, may be not as good (3D), but for less money. I think the box was deceptive and vague regarding this issue.

I'm going to Office Depot, and demanding my money back or trade for another software title. Having to use another program to make a SS is crazy. No upgrade option for the commercial program. The commercial program was not even available at my store if I wanted it.

Let you know what happens at Office Depot.

3D album..... You guy's need a new version put out with this option. I think this feature is important. At the very least, state this lack of feature on your product box.

Unsatisfied Customer,

Don Roycraft Evil or Very Mad
nan
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Product: 3D-Album Commercial Suite

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don, you can make screensvaers for a different computer using the PE version. I did this for a couple of times. Here are the steps:

1. Create a screensvaer in your computer. The screensaver is created as a folder in the Windows' system32/vscrsaver path. Watch the dialogue. It will tell you where it is created.

2. In your friends' computers, ask them to install the Visviva Animation Player, which is free from the 3D-Album website.

3. Zip and send the screensaver folder you created to your friends and let them copy to their Windows' system32/vscrsaver path.

That's it. Though this is not a professional way to distribute your screensavers, it is pratical, considering that the license of the personal edition does not allow you to distribute screensavers for profit.
nan
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 5:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Not a Happy User Reply with quote

Don Roycraft wrote:
Let you know what happens at Office Depot.

Don, I wish you did not. What happened?
Frogprintz
Major General
Major General

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don,

Sorry that you are disappointed. But, making screensavers for distribution is not the primary use for 3D Album PE. The primary use is to make 3D video out of still photos. The PE version does this reasonably well, plus it is a lot of creative fun. I believe the screensaver attribute is just a secondary benefit. True, if you bought the program simply to produce screensavers, then there are a host of other products that can do this better than 3D Album, and for less than $60.00

The workaround suggested by Nan, does indeed work. Try that before attempting to get your money back. Also try using the 3D capability to turn your family/personal photos into an entertaining DVD creation. I'm certain you will change your mind if you do so.

Frogprintz
Don Roycraft
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Product: 3D-Album PE (Personal Edition) 2.xx

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all for the replies. I do in fact agree that the main purpose of the program is to make 3D Albums. I just felt that the program description was somewhat vague when it's states that you can share pictures, etc. An ideal approach would be to place the Album 3D logo on the SS. Well, that would be ideal for me atleast.

Great program for sure. Probably one of the best I have discovered.

Office Depot did say they would refund without having to trade for another title, etc. They were very good about the whole thing. Anyway, I'm going to try some of the suggestions offered here before doing anything else.

I'm not distributing SS for sale, etc, so to make one for my wife's computer is not that big of a deal.

Is there an upgrade option for the commercial version? I have not seen one here. Thank to all of you again.

Don Very Happy
Frogprintz
Major General
Major General

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don,

There is not an upgrade for the PE version at this time. The commercial version really is a different program, in the sense that it has many photo editing features not contained in PE. Plus, the CS version offers many more controls over PE, that you cannot expect to get for $35.00

A CS version upgrade was made available less than one hour ago. For those who currently have CS 3.0, 3.1 offers a timeline to sync music with photo playback. I am just now starting to experiment with this new version and the promised improvements in error correction. Stay tuned to this forum and I'm sure you will begin to get feedback very quickly. At $299.00, the CS version is a cost consderation that many may not be willing to make. But if it is as good as hoped, the 3D video creation capabilities will be much enjoyed. Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    3D-Album Forum Index -> FAQ All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: