3D-Album Home 3D-Album Home
Forums for 3D-Album community

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    What's NewWhat's New    AnnouncementAnnouncement   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Use of Laptop Computers

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Frogprintz
Major General
Major General

Product: 3D-Album Commercial Suite

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 11:00 am    Post subject: Use of Laptop Computers Reply with quote

The following is an excerpt from a previous post I made. Since this issue comes up often, I thought I would post it here for everyone's future reference:

"I know that some of you are not going to like this comment, but laptops are just not very good for video production. I also know that many of you are using laptops successfully. However, if you really want to get serious about producing high quality video production, including the use of 3D Album, you will need a system with the right resources. Laptops typically don't have enough RAM Memory, Harddrive Space, Video Graphics Memory, or, the right type of video card. They are limited in their upgradability and somewhat inflexible in video resolution.

With a desktop, you can add additional resources as your budget and skill level increases. Many, many of the problems 3D users post on this forum are hardware related. If I can use an analogy, "one doesn't enter a high speed auto race with a underpowered, small, sports car." You need horsepower if you are going to win. The same is true with video. You need horsepower to produce good results.

The minimum requirements for 3D Album are just that! The minimum. This is fine for the ocassional hobbyist, but many of you expect professional results. If you want better results two things have to happen. You need a better, more powerful and faster computer. And, you need to practice, practice, practice. Superior computer skills are needed to produce professional quality work. However, even with that said, you CAN succeed. Be patient and be sure to READ all the previous posts and FAQ's on this forum. Also get a good book or two. Your success is directly related to the effort you put it. Video production is a very complex process.

If you buy a desktop, get the best possible video card you can afford. 128MB is fine, but 256 or 512 is much better and faster. Also get a minimum of 1 GB + of RAM and the fastest, largest HD possible. These features are even more important than the speed of your processor."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    3D-Album Forum Index -> FAQ All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: